Bachelor of Social Sciences
In this three-year Bachelor of Social Sciences program, students cover the fundamentals of the social sciences while studying three specific areas of their choice in greater depth, including at least two of the following: anthropology, criminology, economics, political science, psychology, public administration, social work, sociology, and women’s studies. The Bachelor of Social Sciences is an excellent springboard to studies in law or education.
General admission requirements
|Ontario||English or Français 4U||± 75 %|
|Quebec – CEGEP||English (603) or Français (601)||± 65 %|
|Quebec – Secondary V||English or Français||84 %|
- A flexible option for students who are curious about various social science disciplines and who wish to gain insight into a multitude of fields while keeping their options open for graduate studies.
- Many of today’s most compelling social, cultural, environmental and economic issues require interdisciplinary thinking and problem‑solving skills. Having a basic understanding of the fundamentals of myriad disciplines helps students build their versatility and capacity to work in a variety of fields.
- Program or project officer in government or community agencies
- Administrative assistant
- Teacher (requires a BEd)
- Public servant
This program provides students with international opportunities as of their third year of study.
- ENG 1100 Workshop in Essay Writing
- ENG 1120 Literature and Composition I: Prose Fiction or
ENG 1121 Literature and Composition II: Drama and Poetry
- SCS 1150 Introduction to Studying the Social Sciences
- SCS 1160 History of Ideas in Social Sciences
- SCS 2150 Introduction to Methodology in the Social Sciences
- Three groups of 6 courses including at least two groups in the following list of Social Sciences programs: Anthropology (ANT), Criminology (CRM), Economics (ECO), Women's Studies (FEM), Public Administration (PAP), Political Science (POL), Psychology (PSY), Sociology (SOC).
- A minimum of 5 courses at the 3000 or 4000 level among the three groups
- 7 elective courses.
The Bachelor of Social Sciences is also offered with a minor.
Our videos are often available in one language, however, we always try provide closed captioning in French or English.