The Publication Assistance Program provides support for the publication of research works and conference proceedings as well as for editorial assistance (but not for submission fees). The manuscript must be completed and written or edited by a professor of the Faculty of Social Sciences and be confirmed for publication by a reputable publishing house, preferably a University Press. The Vice-Dean, Research will confirm the grants based on the available budget. Normally, grants are in the range of $500-$1,000.
- To support the publication of quality academic manuscripts written or edited by members of the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- Respond to specific requirements for the publication (production costs of the manuscript, linguistic review, translation, indexing).
- The candidate must hold a tenured or tenure-track position within the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Ottawa.
- The candidate must be the author or editor of the manuscript.
- The candidate must not have received support from this competition in the 3 last years.
- The candidate must not hold tri-counsel funding as a principal investigator.
- Preference will be given to a University Press.
- The publisher should defray some of the costs.
- Submission fees and textbooks are not eligible.
- The funds will help offset the production costs of the manuscript, such as copy editing, typesetting, binding, reproducing graphics or images.
- The funds will help offset translating costs of the manuscript.
- The funds will help offset the costs of indexing.
April 15 and December 1 of each year
- Presentation letter
- Table of contents
- Letter from the publishing house confirming its intention to publish the work and its financial contribution
- Justification of the required budget
- RE form (uOttawa Researcher Portal)
Recipients are expected to acknowledge the financial support of the Programme in their publication.
One PDF document including all elements of the proposal sent by e-mail to rechfss@uOttawa.ca.
If the deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline will be extended to the next working day. Incomplete and late applications will not be retained.
For more information, please contact Sophie LeTouzé.