Key Program staff includes (in alphabetic order):
- Ellen Burack– Until her retirement from the federal Public Service in April 2021 after 31 years, Ellen was Assistant Deputy Minister of the Major Projects Management Office at Natural Resources Canada and had previously been the Assistant Deputy Minister of Community Safety and Countering Crime at Public Safety Canada. Prior to serving in these positions, Ellen worked for many years in senior executive roles in both transportation and environmental policy and regulation, including at Transport Canada and Environment Canada. Ellen has also held executive positions at the Department of Justice, Public Works and Government Services Canada, Treasury Board Secretariat, and on Interchange with the Canada Science and Technology Museums Corporation.
- Julie Chabot (on leave) – Julie is the Assistant Director of Strategic Development, Partnerships and Operations at the Centre on Public Management and Policy. She previously worked as the Manager of Career and Professional Development at the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law. Julie holds a Master of Education (M.Ed.) and has also taught part-time at Algonquin College and Collège La Cité’s Continuing Education departments.
- William Pullen – William is an expert in public sector human and organization development. Over a period of twenty-five years he has designed, delivered and evaluated leadership and professional development programs in the Canadian government, and for the governments of Saskatchewan, Ontario and New Brunswick. He has taught graduate courses in Advanced Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Leadership, and Organizational Change at Queen’s and Carleton Universities and holds professional credentials in Human Performance Technology (CPT) and Human Capital Strategies (MHCS).
- Kevin Stringer- Kevin was appointed as the Chief Administrative Officer of the RCMP in September 2019 where he served until he retired from the Public Service in August 2021. He became Associate Deputy Minister of Fisheries and Oceans in 2016, after serving as Senior Assistant Deputy Minister, Ecosystems and Fisheries Management, for three years. He previously held a variety of senior executive positions at DFO, including ADM, Ecosystems and Oceans Science, ADM, Program Policy, and Director General, Resource Management, as well as Director General, Petroleum Resources Branch, at Natural Resources Canada. Mr. Stringer has a wealth of experience in providing leadership in operational policy and strategic direction in the Department’s major programs, such as habitat and fisheries conservation and protection, fisheries management, species at risk, ocean science, aquaculture, and Indigenous affairs.
- Lamia Yahiaoui – Lamia is the administrative assistant. Among her previous positions, Lamia was the Assistant to the Superintendent and the Secretary for the Director of Education of the Conseil des Écoles Publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario, the Office Manager for the Women Economics Council and the Project Assistant for support programs in Algeria. Lamia completed her studies at the University of Algiers in Algeria.