Key Program staff includes (in alphabetic order):
- Gerry Thom – Gerry is the director of the Certificate Program on Leading People for Results. He retired in the summer of 2017 after 35 years in the federal public service. Most recently, Gerry was Acting President of the Public Service Commission (from December 2016 to June 2017), having served in three different Vice-President roles in the same organization since 2007 (Senior Vice-President of the Policy and Corporate Affairs Branch, Vice-President of the Staffing and Assessment Services Branch and Vice-President of the Corporate Management Branch). Gerry has managed hundreds of employees, and budgets in the tens of millions of dollars. He has extensive experience both in executive line management, and directly in human resources management in several departments.
- Julie Chabot – Julie is the Manager of Strategic Development, Partnerships and Operations at the Centre on Public Management and Policy. She previously worked as the Manager of Career and Professional Development at the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law. Julie holds a Master of Education (M.Ed.) and has also taught part-time at Algonquin College and Collège La Cité’s Continuing Education departments.
- Liseanne Forand – Liseanne is a senior fellow that delivers the Certificate Program on Leading People for Results. She is a retired public servant with 30 years’ experience in central agencies and a wide variety of line departments. Between 2009 and her retirement in 2015, she served as Associate Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Agri-food Canada, as Senior Associate Deputy Minister of Human Resources and Skills Development and Chief Operating Officer for Service Canada, and as the first President of Shared Services Canada. Liseanne also currently serves as Vice-Chair of the Board of Polar Knowledge Canada and Chair of the CHEO Foundation Board.
- Maria Da Silva – Maria is the Administrative Assistant at the Centre on Public Management and Policy. Previous to working at the Odell House, she was Team Lead for XMC Marketing, where her work on and off the field merited her the national Featured Brand Ambassador Award. Maria is an advocate for youth leadership programs, following two cross-Canada volunteer missions with the Katimavik Cultural Discovery and Civic-Engagement program, and as Leader for CISV Peacebus.
- William Pullen – William is an expert in public sector human and organization development. Over a period of twenty-five years he has designed, delivered and evaluated leadership and professional development programs in the Canadian government, and for the governments of Saskatchewan, Ontario and New Brunswick. He has taught graduate courses in Advanced Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Leadership, and Organizational Change at Queen’s and Carleton Universities and holds professional credentials in Human Performance Technology (CPT) and Human Capital Strategies (MHCS).