Important Message - COVID-19 – Updated March 21, 2020
We may be able to continue to offer services to clients at a distance as soon as the week of March 23rd. If your clinician has not already been in touch with you to discuss options please call the main number at CPSR at 613-562-5289 and leave a message for your clinician and we will communicate with them.
We know that this is a challenging time that can impact mental health adversely. The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health has published a useful website that you may find helpful to cope with the current situation. Please consult the following link if you are interested: https://www.camh.ca/en/health-info/mental-health-and-covid-19
Please note, we are not currently accepting new clients. We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you require immediate assistance, please make you way to the nearest emergency room or call the crisis line at 1-866-996-0991.
For more information about COVID-19 click on the links below:
• Eastern Ontario Health Unit: https://eohu.ca/en/my-health/2019-novel-coronavirus
• Ottawa Public Health: https://www.ottawapublichealth.ca/en/public-health-topics/novel-coronavirus.aspx
• Public Health Agency of Canada: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
We continue to monitor information and recommendations from Ottawa Public Health and will adjust our practices accordingly.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this time.
The Centre for Psychological Services and Research (CPSR) is a training unit of the School of Psychology of the University of Ottawa. The Centre has three functions:
- offering training for doctoral students in clinical psychology;
- conducting research;
- providing psychological services, in both English and French, to the Ottawa-Gatineau area.
- Psychological treatment
- individual therapy for adolescents and adults
- couple therapy
- child and family services
- Adult assessment
- Child & family assessment
- Career counseling
- Director: Cary Kogan, Ph.D., C.Psych.
- Practica and Internships Coordinator: Elke D. Reissing Ph.D., C.Psych.
- Operations Coordinator: Shannon Amanda Corkery
- Administrative assistant: Emmanuelle Dejardin
- Receptionist-customer service clerk: Nicole Mercier
There are standard hourly fees, with possible adjustments based on income. There is also a standard fee package for career and psycho-educational assessments.
Although psychological services are not covered by provincial health plans (OHIP, RAMQ), they may be covered by supplementary health plans. Please check your insurance plan for further details.
As professors in the School of Psychology, CPSR supervisors are regularly involved in conducting research on a range of psychological topics. The research interests of each professor are listed in the professors' individual Web pages. Additionally, there are frequently ongoing research projects involving the clients and services of the Centre. Recent examples include studies of depression in distressed relationships, psychotherapy process research, assessment of trauma-related symptoms in therapy clients, and program evaluation of individual psychotherapy services.
Predoctoral Internship in Clinical Psychology
The Centre for Psychological Services and Research is a training unit of the School of Psychology at the University of Ottawa that offers a predoctoral internship in clinical psychology.