You’ve chosen to continue your studies in French?
Submit a video explaining why you chose to continue your studies in French for a chance to win up to 2500$!
To participate you must be either:
- Currently a registered student with the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Ottawa. The video must include the reasons why you chose to study in French and describe your current lived experiences up until now with having done so.
- A grade 12 high school student in Ontario. The video must illustrate why you would like to continue to study in French at the university level.
To be considered you must respect the following criteria
- The video must be 1-3 minutes in length.
- The video must be in French.
- The video must be original, meaning that it was made specifically for the contest.
- Participants must enter the contest individually.
- The participant guarantees to authoring the video material transmitted and to have obtained all the required authorizations from collaborators and/or extras, and from the relevant authorities.
- The participant grants the Faculty of Social Sciences a non-exclusive license to broadcast the video for promotional or institutional purposes and for all means if communication.
- The participant must submit the video no later than March 5, 2021, by 11:59 EST PM to discoverFSS@uOttawa.ca using programs like WeTransfer, DropBox, Google Drive, etc. Be sure to include the submission form with your entry.
Finalists will be selected by evaluation committee. The committee will pay special to originality of the video and quality of the content provided which includes but is not limited to the participant’s dedication to French language preservation in Ontario and involvement with the Franco-Ontario community.
Prizes to be won!
First place: 2500 $
Second place: 1500 $
Third place: 1000$
Le Français m’allume contest rules
- The contest will take place from December 21, 2020, to March 5, 2021.
- This contest runs from December 21, 2020, to March 5, 2021, at 11: 59 PM EST.
- Winners will be notified by email after March 22, 2021.
- There are 3 prizes to win. Prizes featured are not replaceable. There is only one prize per winner.
- By entering the contest, the winner authorizes the University of Ottawa to use, if required, their name, photograph, location, voice, images and / or statement regarding the prize for advertising or other purposes, without any compensation.