- Are you having trouble concentrating or managing your thoughts?
- Are you always tired or often have trouble sleeping at night?
- Do you suffer from frequent headaches, stomach upset or back pain that is not related to a specific medical issue?
You may be suffering from stress: learn how to cope with it!
- Do you have enough free time?
- Do you feel overwhelmed? Do you forget to eat? Are you getting enough sleep?
- Do you forget test dates or assignment deadlines?
- Are you in the habit of postponing work on your assignments and always finding something “better” to do?
Learn techniques to help you better manage your time to be more productive, improve your concentration and even benefit from taking time off!
The Academic Writing Help Centre (AWHC) is your number one resource at uOttawa for everything to do with writing assignments. Be sure to check out their online resources or go see them in person to meet with an advisor.
Learn how to write a great assignment that presents a solid, convincing argument.
Learn how to organize your ideas
Learn how to avoid common grammar errors.
References and bibliography
Plagiarism, whether intentional or not, can have serious consequences. To avoid plagiarism, always cite your sources and list them in your bibliography according to the format specified for your assignment. The referencing format most often used at the Faculty of Social Sciences is the APA style, but other referencing formats exist, so be sure to check your assignment instructions and course syllabus.
Working as a group can improve the quality of your ideas; it can be hard to come up with a variety of opinions when you work alone. Even though group assignments can present their own challenges at times, they give the group members a chance to express new ideas and move in the right direction.
- Do you find it hard to start your assignments?
- Do you have trouble reaching the goals you have set?
- Are you unhappy with your grades but can’t seem to improve them?
The Mentoring Centre has tools to help you stay motivated.
- Do you get anxious or stressed before or during exams?
In addition to strategies to help you manage stress throughout the term, the Mentoring Centre provides useful tips and tricks on preparing for exams to help get you confidently through this trying time and, hopefully, help you ace those tests!
Academic Writing Help Centre (AWHC)
- Writing tips
- Steps to writing a good paper
- How to organize your paper
- Frequent grammar errors
- Plagiarism -
- Citations (APA, MLA and other referencing styles)