- February 11, Biodiversity, seeds and peasant agriculture with Faris Ahmed (USC Canada), 11:30 am to 1pm FSS 4004
- May 6, Food security Panel "The Social Science of Food", Alumini Week. Food security involves many large-scale issues, which the social sciences can help us understand. Learn more from this panel featuring four Faculty of Social Sciences experts. This event also served as a launch for the new Laboratory for the Interdisciplinary Study of Food, an inclusive space for constructive dialogue and debate around the issue of food that will enable new research partnerships among scholars and between the University and the broader community.
- April 4, Colloquium of the Laboratory for the Interdisciplinary Study of Food (LISF) Envisioning just and sustainable agro-food systems: actors, principles and approaches.
- February 25, A talk in English with bilingual discussion by Sarah Martin, Ph.D. candidate, Global Governance and Global Political Economy, University of Waterloo/Balsillie School of International Affairs “Expertise, Financialization and Markets: The Techno-Politics of Agricultural Commodity Exchanges"
- February 11, 3rd general GRAPA meeting
- February 6, Political Science Speaker Series Panel, Carleton University with Mike Bosia, Peter Andrée and Marie-Josée Massicott
Globalization and Food Sovereignty: Global and Local Change in the New Politics of Food
- November 19, How to Feed 9 Billion on a Small Planet. Webcast on ecological agriculture with Miguel Altieri, professor of agroecology, University of California, Berkeley. Organised by USC Canada. FSS4006 12:00-2:00 pm.
- November6, Hungry for Something More: Interactive Musings on Rural-Urban Migration, Cellphones, and Food Security in Kenya. Interactive seminar with Joshua Ramish. FSS5027, 12:00-2:00 pm.
- October 8, Launch of the Laboratory and Conference on Food Sovereignty. Desmarais Building, 55 Laurier Ave. East, Room 1130, at 4:30 pm.