In this last week of classes, we wanted to take a moment to reiterate the special measures adopted by the Faculty of Social Sciences for the final exams for undergraduate courses:
- No student will be able to receive a deferral for the April 2020 exam session.
- Students will not be penalized for failing to complete a final exam scheduled in the official exam period (IMPORTANT: If you are taking a course in Economics, please see this clarification from the Department of Economics about your final exams).
- At the end of the semester, FSS professors have been asked to submit the best of the following two final grades, for each student:
- the final grade which includes all the assessments (re-weighted to 100%) other than the final exam, OR
- the final grade which includes all assessments, including the final exam.
Please refer to the message from March 23rd for more details about these points.
Satisfactory / Non Satisfactory
The Faculty will offer to each student, after having received the final alphanumeric mark, the possibility of choosing between this final mark and a final mark of Satisfactory / Non Satisfactory (S/NS), and this for one or more of their courses. As mentioned in the March 23rd message, only a limited number of courses have been excluded from this procedure.
After the official exam period, in early May, you will receive a link to an online form that will allow you to request a change of grade from an alphanumeric grade to a Satisfactory/Non Satisfactory grade.
New course enrolment dates for spring-summer term
The course schedule for the summer term is now available! The course offering has been maintained and even slightly improved, and all courses are now offered online or as a distance course. The first day to enroll is April 8 for undergraduate students.
For any questions, please contact SocialSciences@uOttawa.ca or 613-562-5709.
Please know that we all wish to support you through these difficult times. We wish you success for your final exams!
Dean, Faculty of Social Sciences
Interim Vice-Dean Undergraduate Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences