It is time to start preparing your application for the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada's (NSERC) Discovery Grants program.
Researchers who intend to apply for a Discovery Grant (DG) in the 2022 competition must submit a Notification of Intent to Apply (NOI) to the NSERC before the deadline of August 3, 2021, 8pm (ET). The NOI is now available on the Research Portal.
Once again, the Faculty of Social Sciences will be coordinating a voluntary proposal review initiative. We encourage colleagues to submit their proposals by email to Sophie LeTouzé by September 15th for pre-review. An incentive of $500 is offered to those who meet this deadline.
- August 3 – Notification of intent to apply
- September 15 – Pre-evaluation deadline
- October 27 – Internal deadline
- November 1 – Application deadline
Due to COVID-19, NSERC is replacing live webinars with pre-recorded videos followed by live Q&A sessions. This series is meant to assist the research community on how to complete an application using the Research Portal and the NSERC Canadian Common CV (CCV).
English Sessions: June 24, 2021 and July 8, 2021 at 1 to 2pm ET
Link for live English Q&A for June 24, 2021
Link for live English Q&A for July 8, 2021
- Coming up: information session
- Instructions for completing the notification of intent to apply for a Discovery Grant
- Discovery Grants Merit Indicators
- FAQ on the evaluation of the HQP criterion
- Instructions to external reviewers
Faculty of Social Sciences:
Sophie LeTouzé, Senior Research Advisor
Research Management Services:
André Lalonde, Senior Research Grants Officer
NSERC Discovery Grant: