Goals and Objectives
The project goal is to foster more giving and volunteering in Canada in order to develop stronger caring and resilient communities.
The five project objectives are:
- To compile and analyze relevant national data from various sources to assist in addressing the identified challenges and gaps;
- To engage diverse stakeholders to assist in identifying the main challenges and gaps to increasing rates of volunteering and giving;
- To identify and engage organizations that support the project objectives and actively contribute financially or in-kind to the project’s success;
- To develop, implement, and disseminate useful knowledge products and community-level interventions; and,
- To assess the extent to which knowledge is useful, has been disseminated, and, has contributed to increased rates of volunteering and giving in Canada.
These five objectives meet the SMART criteria: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time-bound.