Welcome to the laboratory of Cerebro-Vascular Accidents and Behavioural Recovery website
The Cerebro-Vascular Accidents and Behavioural Recovery Laboratory (CVABRL) was created in 1998 by Dr Plamondon. Since its creation, over 60 students have completed their honours thesis, 3 have completed their masters and 9 have completed their Ph.D.
Our research is focusing on the study of Cerebro-Vascular Accidents (CVA). We are mainly interested in alterations of discrete brain regions affecting memory and emotional responses such as the hippocampus, the amygdala and the prefrontal cortex. We are studying the plastic and neurochemical changes in these regions following an ischemic stroke. We wish to unlock the mechanisms underlying recovery of cognitive functions following a CVA and the role of discrete peptide systems or neuroprotective agents, which promote plasticity following these lesions in order to maximize functional recovery.
For these studies, we use animal models, histological, pharmacological and molecular techniques as well as different behavioural tests.
- September 2022: Marilou, Nicolás, and Dr. Plamondon have published a new article, congrats!
- August 2022: Congratulations to Julie for successfully defending her PhD thesis in Experimental Psychology!
- August 2022: Julie, Alexandre, Marilou, and Dr. Plamondon have published a new article!
- May 2022: Elie received a prize for best honours thesis in French in the School of Psychology. Great job!
- May 2022: Julie has submitted her doctoral thesis for evaluation. Good luck!
- April 2022: Congratulations to Marilou and Alexandre who have received external funding for their research!
- February 2022: Congratulations to Nicolás who successfully defended his PhD thesis in Clinical Psychology!
- February 2022: Nicolás and Dr. Plamondon have published a new article. This is the third article of Nicolás thesis!
- January 2022: Alexandre, Marilou, and Dr. Plamondon have published a new article!
- December 2021: Nicolás, Marilou, and Dr. Plamondon have published an article with international collaborators!
- November 2021: Nicolás has submitted his doctoral thesis for evaluation. Good Luck!
- September 2021: Welcome to Marilou in our laboratory and we wish you the best for your doctoral studies!
- August 2021: Nicolás, Marilou, and Dr. Plamondon have published a new article.
- June 2021: Alexandre, Marilou, and Dr. Plamondon have published a new article, congratulations!
- May 2021: Alexandre, Lise, Emmanuelle, and Dr. Plamondon have published a new article.
- May 2021: Marilou received a certificate of Excellence from the Canadian Psychological Association as one of the best undergraduate thesis in Psychology!
If you are interested in joining our laboratory as an honours student, UROP, USRA - NSERC or volunteer, please consult the Join the Team section under the Members menu.