Are you or your partner living with chronic pain? Participate in our lab study!
The aim of this study is to investigate the relationship between couple life and chronic pain management
We need two partners:
- Forming a couple
- Who are 18 years or older
- Who are francophone
- Living in Ontario or in Québec
One partner must:
- Be a patient at Hôpital Montfort
- Have a chronic pain diagnosis or feel pain for at least 3 months, almost every day and in one or more specific locations
Both partners must not:
- Take any medicine that can influence heart rate or blood pressure
- Have an alcohol or drug use problem
The couple choosing to participate will be asked to fill in some questionnaires for approximately 56 minutes. Then, both partners will have to watch two videoclips of 10 minutes each. The cardiac activity of both partners will be recorded for those two tasks. Finally, both participants will have to complete a 9-minute questionnaire. The experimentation will last about 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Each couple will receive $80 for its participation!