Is your child between 3 and 8 years old? We need your help!
Participating online during COVID-19
Members of the CCLL have been working hard during the COVID-19 pandemic period to adapt our studies so that you and your child can participate online from a distance. Online studies consist of activities and games that children play with our researchers using a computer, tablet, or mobile device. They typically take about 20-30 minutes to complete. For your time, your child will receive a 10$ electronic gift card to a bookstore of their choice. If you are interested in participating in an online study, please fill out the form, and someone from the lab will contact you as soon as possible. Alternatively, you may continue to check this page for updates as our online studies will be listed here as they become available.
Current online studies
How do perspective and social distance affect young children's future-oriented thinking?
We invite children between ages 4 and 6 years to participate in this fun 15-20 minute interactive Zoom study exploring whether children think about the future differently when “pretending” to be someone else (e.g., another child their age).
We invite children between ages 4 and 7 years to participate in this fun 30-minute interactive Zoom study investigating whether children will spontaneously prepare for a future event.
Testing construal level theory in young children
We invite children between ages 7 and 9 years to participate in this fun 20-30 minute interactive Zoom study investigating whether they think about the near and distant future differently.
The information below pertains to participation in studies taking place outside of the COVID-19 pandemic period:
- We invite you and your child to participate in an hour-long study at the University of Ottawa!
- Our studies consist of enjoyable games that children play with our friendly researchers.
- Free parking is provided, and kids get a prize at the end!
Participate at the Living Lab
Dr. Atance is one of the three founders of the University of Ottawa’s Living Lab where children can take part in research activities during a visit to the Canada Science and Technology Museum. Come visit us at the museum to discover how you can take part in one of our fun activities!
Here's what some of our participants have told us about their visit to the lab:
- "I found the study really interesting and fun, for my daughter and myself."
- "Thank you for the opportunity to participate :). Great program; I find your research most interesting and look forward to participating again."
- "We had a great time. The staff is friendly and professional. We're happy to help with your research."