Award for Service Excellence
The Award for Service Excellence is granted to a member of the administrative staff to tangibly recognize the importance of quality service excellence in the student experience. The award recognizes the key role that employees play in positions geared toward service.
All permanent employees in the Faculty of Social Sciences with continuous employment for at least one full year.
Candidates for the Award for Service Excellence must be nominated by at least one person (colleague, professor or student from within the Faculty of Social Sciences), and their nomination supported by the Chair, Director or supervisor of the unit in which the employee works. Nominations should include:
- A letter of recommendation from the chair of director
- A description of the candidate's contribution
Nominations must be submitted to the Faculty's Chief Administrator before March 15. If no candidates are submitted, the Dean, Vice-Deans and the Faculty's Chief Administrator will propose nominations.
The selection committee will be chaired by the Dean and composed of the Faculty's Chief Administrator and of two former winners of the administrative staff award.
- The degree to which the nominee's efforts enhance the Faculty's reputation;
- How innovative the nominee is in providing service;
- How big and how broad an impact the nominee's service has created;
- How consistently the nominee maintains these high service standards.
At the Dean's Brunch, the recipient will receive a commemorative plaque as well as a cash award of $750. Every year, the name of the recipient will be added to the Faculty plaque to be displayed permanently.
Daniela Gutiérrez de Pineres
Coordinator Mentoring Center
Interdisciplinary and Faculty Programs Officer
Academic and Administrative Assistant