I'm interested in :
- international current affairs
- various fields in the social sciences
- human rights and peacekeeping
What is the conflict studies and human rights program?
This degree covers national and international tensions, fundamental human rights, conflict-resolution processes as well as a range of underlying themes. These themes include peacemaking and peacekeeping; inequality, justice and democracy, singular and plural identity, nationalism and so-called traditional conflicts.
The work graduates do
This program leads mainly to positions in the field of international relations in various government departments and non-governmental organizations. As well, it is an excellent preparation for studies in law or for graduate studies in the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Some examples of job opportunities
- Departmental assistant in international relations
- Development officer in peace building initiatives
- International development officer
- Program or project officer
- International policy analyst
- Foreign Service officer
- Conflict resolution worker
Job outlook related to this field of studies