Description of contest
*Note that to be eligible for prizes, you must submit a video in French.
This contest is open to students enrolled in one of the programs of the Faculty of Social Sciences. Its purpose is to present undergraduate social sciences programs in a dynamic manner and to showcase the experience and knowledge of students.
For the chance to win a prize, students registered in the contest must create an original video in French of 1 to 3 minutes that meets all the criteria for participation (see next section).
The video could be used to help high school students choose the right undergraduate degree program for them.
1st prize: $1500, 2nd prize: $1000, 3rd prize: $500
Deadline: March 11, 2018
This contest is offered as part of the Government of Ontario initiatives to support the pursuit of Francophone postsecondary studies in Ontario.
The participant must create an "original video" in French of 1 to 3 minutes. An original video is a video made specifically for the contest.
- The participant must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program of the Faculty of Social Sciences.
- The participant may enter the contest individually or in a team.
- The participant guarantees to authoring the video material transmitted and to have obtained all the required authorizations from collaborators and/or extras, and from the relevant authorities.
- The participant grants the Faculty of Social Sciences a non-exclusive license to broadcast his video for promotional or institutional purposes and for all means of communication.
- The participant must submit the video no later than Sunday, March 11th, 2018, before midnight.
Evaluation of the videos and selection of the winners
Each video will be evaluated based on the link to the curriculum, its persuasion and effect, its originality and its technical value.
A pre-selection committee of students, faculty and staff members will select three (3) finalists. These will be presented to future students and parents at the University of Ottawa Spring Open House. They will be invited to vote for the winners according to the same criteria.
Contest winners will be announced on March 23rd, 2018 on the social media of the Faculty of Social Sciences.
1st prize - $1500
2nd prize - $1000
3rd prize - $500
Nathalie Saumure | nsaumure@uOttawa.ca | 613-562-5800 (1893)