The School of Sociological and Anthropological Studies at the University of Ottawa offers a distinctive and innovative approach to culture and society, in both French and English. In our teaching and research, we strive to follow both traditional and emerging intellectual approaches to inquiry. At the crossroads of North American and European traditions, the School offers a stimulating environment for our students, faculty and guests.
- Oct. 23: "Two types of moral instruction in Taiwan" Prof. Charles Stafford, London School of Economics
- Oct. 23: Phénoménologie et l'anthropologie
- Oct. 28: Doctoral thesis defence - Virginie Mesana
- Oct. 29: La dimension genrée des représentations dans le cinéma populaire contemporain (event in French only)
- Oct. 30: The anthropological fieldwork: methodological thoughts with Didier Fassin