The School of Sociological and Anthropological Studies at the University of Ottawa offers a distinctive and innovative approach to culture and society, in both French and English. In our teaching and research, we strive to follow both traditional and emerging intellectual approaches to inquiry. At the crossroads of North American and European traditions, the School offers a stimulating environment for our students, faculty and guests.
- Sep. 12 - Nov. 12: Anthropology Speaker Series
- Sep. 23: "Diaoyutai: Sovereignty seen from the Republic of China (Taiwan)"
- Oct. 14 - 17: Colloque international de l'ACSALF (event in French only)
- Oct. 23: "Two types of moral instruction in Taiwan" Prof. Charles Stafford, London School of Economics
- Oct. 28: Doctoral thesis defence - Virginie Mesana