The Research Events Program is designed to support events that promote research in the Faculty of Social Sciences: for example, book launches, receptions in honour of an award recipient, promotion of research in the community and other promotional activities of new research initiatives. The recipient is expected to acknowledge the Faculty’s financial support in the program, the promotional material and resulting publications, if any. The Vice-Dean, Research, will award these grants based on the available budget. Normally, grants will be in the range of $250 to $500.
- Offer a financial contribution for the organisation of events that promote research activities within the Faculty of Social Sciences
- The candidate holds a tenured or tenure-track position within the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Ottawa.
- The candidate is eligible for funding no more than once a year.
- Applications are presented before the event is held.
April 15, May 31, September 1 and December 1 of each year.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the start date of the proposed event. Please keep in mind that the committee cannot award a grant retroactively for an event that has taken place prior to the funding decision.
- Presentation letter
- Description of the event and link to current research in progress
- Justification of budget requested
One PDF document including all elements of the proposal sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. If the deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday it will be extended to the next working day. Incomplete and late applications will not be retained.
For more information, please contact Sophie LeTouzé.