The Faculty of Social Sciences offers support for professors planning to participate in an international conference. The funding comes in part from SSHRC and in part from the Office of the Vice-President, Research. This funding is intended to complement funding from other sources, including the travel funds provided by the academic unit.
- Aid in the dissemination of research findings
- Enhance the visibility of the research activities of the Faculty of Social Sciences
- Facilitate communication with potential research collaborators
- Allow our faculty members an opportunity to receive feedback from colleagues, which should assist them in their publication efforts
- Allow our faculty members to learn about new advances in their field
- The candidate holds a tenured or tenure-track position within the Faculty of Social Sciences at the University of Ottawa
- The candidate has not received support from this competition in the 2 last years
- The candidate must demonstrate a financial need
- Applications are presented before the conference is held
- Only conferences held outside of Canada or the United States (with the exception of Hawaii) are eligible
Office of the Vice-President, Research Priority
- Professors who are early career (within 5 years) scholars that are not a current grantee from SSHRC and plans to submit a proposal to an external agency within 18 months
April 15, May 31, September 1 and December 1 of each year
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the start date of the proposed event. Please keep in mind that the committee cannot award a grant retroactively for an event that has taken place prior to the funding decision.
- Application Form
- Copy of the conference organizers’ approval of the paper to be presented (if not available when application is submitted, it may be forwarded at a later date, preceding the conference).
- Copy of the conference program (if not available when application is submitted, it may be forwarded at a later date, preceding the conference).
- CV of the applicant
- RE Form
|A) Scientific conference of the highest international standing||An established conference in existence for a number of years that attracts specialists in a discipline (or various disciplines) from countries around the world; program contributions are peer reviewed.|
|B) Role and importance of the conference||The researcher must explain the expected outcomes of the conference. He or she must explain what importance and role participation in the conference had in their overall research and training strategies.|
|C) Financial need||The researcher must show a financial need.|
|D) Track Record||The quality of past contributions and the level of research activity relative to the stage of the applicant’s career.|
One PDF document including all elements of the proposal sent by e-mail to rechfss@uOttawa.ca. If the deadline falls on a weekend or statutory holiday, the deadline will be extended to the next working day. Incomplete and late applications will not be retained.
For more information, please contact Sophie LeTouzé.