Key Program staff includes (in alphabetic order):
- Julie Chabot – Julie is the Manager of Strategic Development, Partnerships and Operations at the Centre on Public Management and Policy. She previously worked as the Manager of Career and Professional Development at the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Law. Julie holds a Master of Education (M.Ed.) and has also taught part-time at Algonquin College and Collège La Cité’s Continuing Education departments.
- Elaine Feldman - Elaine is a Senior Fellow working closely with Jim on designing and delivering the Certificate Program. She left the federal public service in 2013 after serving as President of the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency. Prior to joining the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, Elaine held a number of positions at Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada, in Ottawa and abroad, including as Deputy Permanent Representative of Canada to the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Switzerland for 5 years and most recently as Assistant Deputy Minister, North America in Ottawa from 2008-2010.
- James Lahey – Jim has overall responsibility for the Certificate Program. He is a Visiting Research Professor at the University of Ottawa, and Director of the Centre on Public Management and Policy. From 1973 until early 2009, Jim worked in the federal public service. Over his last ten years in government, Jim served successively as Associate Deputy Minister in Human Resources Development Canada, Associate Secretary in the Treasury Board Secretariat, Associate Deputy Minister in Indian and Northern Affairs, and Deputy Secretary to the Cabinet (Public Service Renewal) in the Privy Council Office. Jim is also Chair of the Departmental Audit Committee at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, and a member of the Audit Committee for the Public Service Commission, and a member of the National Statistics Council.
- Simon Larivée-Boisvert – Simon Larivée-Boisvert is the Administrative Coordinator at the Centre on Public Management and Policy. He previously worked as an Academic Labour Relations Agent at the Office of the Associate Vice-President, Faculty Affairs at the University of Ottawa. Simon holds a Joint Honours BSocSc in Public Administration and Political Science.
- William Pullen – William is an expert in public sector human and organization development. Over a period of twenty-five years he has designed, delivered and evaluated leadership and professional development programs in the Canadian government, and for the governments of Saskatchewan, Ontario and New Brunswick. He has taught graduate courses in Advanced Organizational Behaviour, Organizational Leadership, and Organizational Change at Queen’s and Carleton Universities and holds professional credentials in Human Performance Technology (CPT) and Human Capital Strategies (MHCS).