At the 2010 Gala, the Student Council announced the creation of the GSPIA Imagination Scholarship, in hopes of supplementing the financial obligations of opportunities abroad that students may wish to take on. Since that time, the Student Council has been working diligently with the GSPIA administration and with the University to bring the Scholarship into fruition.
The University has created a dedicated online form for donations to the Imagination Scholarship. In maintaining the student-driven spirit of the Scholarship, we hope that you will help us with the fundraising efforts by forwarding these links to potential donors.
This link will take you directly to the page of the Development Office which manages the donations:www.annualfund.uottawa.ca/give/Imagination
Furthermore, we are very excited to announce that we will be accepting applications for activities in the Spring/Summer, Fall and Winter semesters. These activities may include:
- Internships through the University of Ottawa or acquired independently;
- National and international exchanges;
- Conferences and seminars; and
- Any scholastic activity that has been demonstrated to complement your coursework in GSPIA and/or your major research paper.
Please include the following documents and submit your application package to the GSPIA Academic Secretariat (FSS 6005) byFebruary 28th, 2017:
- A Statement of Merit discussing the nature of the activity and its contribution to your GSPIA education and/or your major research paper;
- Supporting documents towards the activity (e.g. conference description, application form); and
- Documents detailing financial support through other channels.
All applications will be reviewed by a representative from the GSPIA administration, the faculty corps, and the Student Council. Recipient(s) of the Imagination Scholarship will be announced at the 2017 Gala.
Please take note that due to the ongoing nature of fundraising efforts for the Scholarship, we are not in a position to discuss the amount of disbursement or the number of recipients.
If you have any questions on the Imagination Scholarship, feel free to contact us.