The application form to the Faculty of Social Sciences is to be completed online.
An application fee of $100 should be paid with the online application.
A completed application is made up of the following documents which should be submitted by the candidate as one package including letters of recommendation and transcript(s):
- Official transcripts of all university studies.
- Two letters of recommendation of which one should be completed by your honour's thesis supervisor and the second, preferably, by a full-time professor (submitted electronically).Information about how to submit your referees will be provided in the acknowledgment email from the university. You will receive this email within 10 business days of the submission of the online application.
- Two letters of recommendation to assess suitability for Clinical Training (for the clinical program only).
- A curriculum vitae. As part of your curriculum vitae, please include a brief description of your honours thesis under the section entitled “Thesis & Title” on page 1 of the CV template. Please indicate the code that is associated with your honours thesis. If an honours thesis was not conducted, please include a summary of the research that you consider equivalent to an honour’s thesis together with a letter from the research supervisor. This description should appear under the section entitled “Professional and Research Experience” on page 2 of the CV template. Please note that your request will not be considered unless proof of a research activity is submitted.
- Program Application Form indication the program for which you are applying, describing research interests, identifying potential thesis supervisors.
In order to be considered for admission for September 2018, your application , including all supporting documents, must be submitted by December 15th, 2017.
A copy of your application must be sent to:
Graduate Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences
University of Ottawa
120 University Private
Social Sciences Building, Room 3021
Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5