A broad and exciting research agenda!
Some of the issues the School’s faculty is studying these days:
Conflict, Transitions and Peace
- Global Security Assemblages and resource extraction in Africa
- Disciplining Democracy: Development Aid and Democratisation in Africa
- Development dimensions of Canadian engagement in selected fragile and conflict-affected states, especially Haiti
- Security sector reform and development cooperation in selected fragile and conflict-affected states, especially Haiti
- Revisiting Rwanda's First and Second Republics: State strength, control, and state-society relations
- Framing and Mobilization: Strategies and Identity in Contention and Conflict
- Gender-Based violence in conflict/post-conflict communities in Africa
- Donor Commitments to Addressing Gender Inequality in Fragile States
- EU’s civilian and military operations in Africa: the evolution of security culture
- The whole of government approach in Afghanistan: Canada, Germany, UK, and US in comparison.
- The Link Between Terrorism and Development.
- Women Representation in Fragile States.
- Framing the Afghan mission in the Canadian and American print media.
- Assessing the Peacebuilding Efforts in Afghanistan.
Growth, Private Sector, Social Inclusion
- Politiques de financement, monétaire et budgétaire, dans les pays de l’Afrique de l’Ouest (in French)
Nasser Ary Tanimoune
- Livelihood transitions in Vietnamese costal villages
- Case studies of employment in 7 developing countries
- Youth employment in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Norms of engagement: The micro-politics of corporate citizenship in Latin America
- Non-state private actors and the right to education in the Global South.
- Insights into Education Access, Inclusion, and the Right to Education for Disadvantaged Groups in India.
- Philanthropic Engagement in Education in the Global South.
- Private Sector Engagement in Basic Education in Developing Countries.
- The "Second Wave" of the Low-fee Private School Sector in Developing Countries.
- A Critical Review of Bhutan`s Gross National Happiness
- Strategic Network on the New National Planning
- Internationalization of SMEs to Asian Emerging Markets: What Role by Global Cities?
- Research and Training program in construction in Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Appropriate Technologies for Developing Countries.
- Programme de recherche (2016-2020) en entrepreneuriat et technologies appropriées pour 6 pays en développement de la Francophonie (Burkina Faso, Haiti, Liban, Maroc, Sénégal, Vietnam)
- Conceptualisation et lancement d'un institut national de l'entrepreneuriat à Haiti
Livelihoods, Resources and Sustainability
- Fisheries Transitions in Southeast Asia, 2011-2016
- New Directions in Environmental Governance: Remaking Public and Private Authority in the Southeast Asian Resource Frontier, 2014-2019
- Urban Climate Resilience in Southeast Asia Partnership, 2014-2019
- Poor people on poor land: The Changing Social Production and Consequences of Land Quality Variation in Rural Africa
- Vulnerability of African Livelihoods under Environmental Stresses
- Les implications environnementales et agricoles de la transition agraire dans les pays émergents: le cas de la Thaïlande
- New Information Technologies, Agricultural Change, and the Politics of Knowledge in Africa
- Collaborative Dispute Resolution in the Mining Sector in the Great Lakes Region of Africa