- Be a student between the ages of 9 and 16 years;
- Have a minimum academic average of “A”;
- Have demonstrated commitment to and engagement in extracurricular activities;
- Be recognized by his/her teachers as a role model among peers.
The number of scholarships is flexible and determined each year.
To nominate a student, please follow these steps:
- Identify with the help of colleagues (counselors, teachers), potential candidates who meet the eligibility criteria;
- Fill out the FAI Application form
Please use a separate sheet to:
- List any awards received by student – academic or other;
- List activities in which the student plays a leadership role;
- State reasons why the student is identified as a role model from among his/her peers.
- Provide a statement by student as to why he/she wishes to be a member of Future Achievers International.
Send the complete nomination file to the Faculty of Social Sciences by fax, e-mail or regular mail, to the attention of Future Achievers. See contact information below.
There will be two selection rounds for the 2016/2017 school year: the deadlines to submit a new nomination are November 18, 2016 and April 28, 2017. New recipients will be contacted in December 2016 and May 2017. New Future Achievers will need to provide complete banking information before January 13 and May 25, 2017.
Confirmation of status procedures
In April of every year, Future Achievers will receive a Confirmation of Status form where we ask FAIs and their schools to confirm that the selected students still meet the requirements of the program and to keep our files up-to-date. We also ask for a brief description of the activities and programs the student has been involved in over the course of the last year and that demonstrate his/her engagement in his/her community.
Fill out the confirmation of status form.
Send the completed file to the Faculty of Social Sciences by e-mail to the attention of Tina Lamontagne. See contact information below. The deadlines for confirmation of status is April 7th, 2017.