Nominees accepted as FAIs receive the following support:
- In their first year as an FAI: an FAI certificate, a monetary gift of $250, as well as a welcoming package from the FAI’s Chair;
- In subsequent years as an FAI: annually, and until high school graduation, an FAI certificate of recognition, along with a monetary gift of $250;
- In his/her high school graduation year on presenting a letter of acceptance to attend the university of his/her choice, the FAI receives: a $1500 scholarship to the institution of his/her choice (if he/she has been involved in the program for three years.
Note: Winners selected in international chapters will be required to provide their banking information to facilitate scholarship distribution.
Important Note: All previous scholarship amounts will apply to Future Achievers admitted in the program prior to September 2016, providing that the student meets the basic criteria for the graduating scholarship.
See eligibility criteria for more details on each award.
FAI International Student Scholarship, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Who is eligible?: Non-Canadian Future Achievers International Members who have applied to UBC
When is the deadline?: March 1st
An FAI International Student Scholarship of $2,500 is offered at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada to an international undergraduate student entering UBC with a strong record of academic and extracurricular achievement. Preference is given to applicants who are members of Future Achievers International. Recipients are encouraged to act as campus ambassadors for the program.
How to apply:
1) Apply for admission to the University of British Columbia as an international student
2) Complete the form found HERE
3) Send an email to email@example.com with the subject header: FAI International Student Scholarship, student’s surname, first name. The email should include:
- A copy of the completed Scholarship form
- A scanned copy of your FAI membership certificate
- All applications must be received by March 1st
Decision: The recipient will be chosen from successful applicants and will be notified.