- Be between the ages of 9 and 16 years;
- Be either First Nations (including Metis), Inuit or Caribbean origin;
- Have a minimum academic average of “B” or above;
- Have demonstrated commitment to and engagement in extracurricular activities;
- Be recognized by his/her teachers as being capable of acting as a role model among peers.
To nominate a student, please follow these steps:
- Identify with the help of colleagues (counselors, teachers), potential candidates who meet the eligibility criteria;
- Fill out the online application form.
- Write a letter of reference explaining why you nominate this student for the CFA program;
- Join all additional documents supporting the application of the student;
Send the complete nomination file to the Faculty of Social Sciences by fax, e-mail or regular mail. See contact information below.
The deadline to submit applications for the 2017/2018 school year is April 28, 2017.
Confimation of status procedures
Every year, we ask Future Achievers and their schools to fill out a few documents in order to confirm that they still meet the requirements of the program and to keep our files up-to-date. The required documents to confirm a student's status are:
- Confirmation of Status form.
- A brief description of the activities and programs the student has been involved in over the course of the last year and that demonstrate his/her engagement in his/her community.
The deadline for confirmation of status including submission of complete banking information is April 7, 2018.