The Department of Economics has a vibrant group of professors who do research in a wide variety of areas. The Department offers both an MA and a PhD program in economics.
- Nov. 24: Importance of Statistical Data in our Democracy, Wayne Smith, Chief Statistician of Statistics Canada
- Nov. 27: Cohabitation vs Marriage: Marriage market with peer effects, Ismael Mourifié, University of Toronto
- Dec. 4: Marcel Oestreich will present a paper, Marcel Oestreich, Brock University
- Dec. 11: Étienne B. de Villemeur will present a paper, Étienne B. de Villemeur, University of Lille
- Jan. 29: Shintaro Yamaguchi will present a paper, Shintaro Yamaguchi, McMaster University