The significant increase in the number of undergraduate students over the past five years is due in part to the popularity of our programs, including a number of new ones. But it is also the result of a series of new initiatives aimed at providing our students with an exceptional university experience with many types of rich learning experiences, such as first-year seminars, fourth-year directed research courses, teaching and learning support, mentoring, and international learning opportunities.
At the Office of the Vice-Dean of Undergraduate Studies, passion, rigour and collegiality are the core approaches to knowledge acquisition which we hope to cultivate in our students.
Role of Vice-Dean of Undergraduate Studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences
- The Vice-Dean of Undergraduate Studies is in charge of administering undergraduate studies at the Faculty of Social Sciences, through development, planning and coordination. He is also responsible for coordinating academic activities for certain Faculty programs not affiliated with an academic unit.
- The Vice-Dean supervises the undergraduate Academic Secretariat of the Faculty and coordinates such academic matters as admissions and calendar texts.
- Working closely with the chairs and directors of the units, he prepares the course selection to submit to the Dean.
- The Vice-Dean chairs the Undergraduate Studies Committee (USC). He sits as an ex-officio member of the Senate and the University Council on Undergraduate Studies (CUS). He also chairs the Faculty's Academic Fraud Committee and coordinates the management of academic fraud allegations.
- The Vice-Dean is also responsible for the development of all activities pertaining to the undergraduate student experience. To this end, he coordinates the development of related initiatives and analyses, acting in an advisory capacity to the Dean on these matters and those related to the administration of undergraduate programs. Finally, he ensures that information on the Faculty's academic awards, scholarships and bursaries is communicated to undergraduate students, and coordinates the selection of recipients
The term of office is three years.