In 2015, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) celebrates its 60th anniversary! Keep an eye out for articles and activities meant to highlight, throughout the year, our commitment to research, teaching and engagement.
The FSS comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Nov. 30: Squandered opportunity: Iran's failed foreign policy, Thomas Juneau and Peter Jones, University of Ottawa
- Dec. 1: A New Federal Government, A New Direction for Solitary Confinement in Canada?
- Dec. 2: Realism, Pessimism, Tragedy and Hope, Richard D. French, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs
- Dec. 3: On the Road to Afghanada: Militarisation and Popular Culture in Canada, David Mutimer, York University
- Dec. 3: Coaching for Results: Exploring a new implementation practice for international development