In 2015, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) celebrates its 60th anniversary! Keep an eye out for articles and activities meant to highlight, throughout the year, our commitment to research, teaching and engagement.
The FSS comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Oct. 13: Conventions, Confidence and Caretakers: Post-Election Possibilities, Peter Milliken and Philippe Lagassé
- Oct. 13: Europe on the Brink? Challenges of European Integration Today, Wolfgang Muno, Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- Oct. 15: Notes from the Archives: Preliminary Reflections on EH Carr, RG Collingwood and the Idea of History' as applied to IPE, Randall Germain and Dana Galizia, Carleton University
- Oct. 15: Conférences et publications : trucs et astuces (event in French only)
- Oct. 15: Séminaire Interroger la " participation citoyenne "? - Conférencier invité : Michel Venne (Institut du Nouveau Monde et chercheur associé au CIRCEM) (event in French only)