In 2015, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) celebrates its 60th anniversary! Keep an eye out for articles and activities meant to highlight, throughout the year, our commitment to research, teaching and engagement.
The FSS comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Apr. 28: Journée d'études doctorales - École de service social (event in French only)
- Apr. 29: L'interculturalisme québécois dans le contexte du multiculturalisme canadien, François Rocher (event in French only)
- May 1: Uncertainty and the Business Cycle, Federico Ravenna, HEC Montreal
- May 4: Conférence: Le français, une langue mondiale, Alexandre Wolff, Observatoire de la langue française, Richard Marcoux, Université Laval (event in French only)
- May 4: Training tomorrow's leaders - Our future social scientists are learning to tackle some of society's most complex challenges