In 2015, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) celebrates its 60th anniversary! Keep an eye out for articles and activities meant to highlight, throughout the year, our commitment to research, teaching and engagement.
The FSS comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- May 4 - 9: Alumni Week 2015
- May 6: Political Panel - Can environmental sustainability be reconciled with political interests and economic realities?
- May 7: President's Public Policy Luncheon: "Dialogue Across Divides: Track Two Diplomacy"
- May 7: Set your own course! Learn from top alumni entrepreneurs how to succeed in the job market of 2020
- May 8: Alex Trebek Distinguished Lecture Series - Thomas L. Friedman: "The world in an age of terrorism: balancing freedom and security"