In 2015, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) celebrates its 60th anniversary! Keep an eye out for articles and activities meant to highlight, throughout the year, our commitment to research, teaching and engagement.
The FSS comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Oct. 6: International Hierarchy and Symbolic Capital: the Ming Treasure Fleets and the Apollo Missions, Daniel Nexon, Georgetown University
- Oct. 7: China's New Foreign Policy Priorities, JEAN-PIERRE CABESTAN, Hong Kong Baptist University
- Oct. 7: Does Investment Liberalization Change Food Environments?
- Oct. 8: Les classiques des sciences sociales Friedrich Nietzsche, Généalogie de la morale (2), Gilles Labelle (event in French only)
- Oct. 8: Career Development Workshop and Mock Interviews for MA Economics students