The Faculty of Social Sciences comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Oct. 23 - 25: 1000 Islands Energy Research Forum
- Oct. 24: Social interactions and formation of international alliances, Shlomo Weber, Southern Methodist University
- Oct. 27: A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed: Theory and Evidence on the (Dis) Advantages of Informal Loans, Anke Kessler, Simon Fraser University
- Oct. 27: Corruption, Virtue, and Agency in World Politics, MLADA BUKOVANSKY, Smith College
- Oct. 27: Conflicts and civil society in Ecuador under the "New Left" government, Jorge Leon