In 2015, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) celebrates its 60th anniversary! Keep an eye out for articles and activities meant to highlight, throughout the year, our commitment to research, teaching and engagement.
The FSS comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- May 20 - 22: La sécurité linguistique des minorités : réflexions autour des promesses et des pièges de la complétude institutionnelle (event in French only)
- May 22: Lead Exposure and Racial Disparities in Test Scores, Janet Currie, Princeton University
- May 22: Doctoral Thesis : E-government and the Transformation of Public Administration in Developing Countries: A Case Study of the Kenya Revenue Authority, Andrew Maranga Kerandi, Public Administration / University of Ottawa
- May 28 - 29: Fifth National Conference - Critical Perspectives: Criminology and Social Justice
- May 30: Conference of the Women's and Gender Studies et Recherches Féministes (WGSRF)