In 2015, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) celebrates its 60th anniversary! Keep an eye out for articles and activities meant to highlight, throughout the year, our commitment to research, teaching and engagement.
The FSS comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Mar. 31: Jobs for Africa's Expanding Youth Cohort: Employment Situation and Effective Interventions, Gordon Betcherman, Mark B. Salter, Nisha Shah, Srdjan Vucetic, David Grondin, Nipa Banerjee, Stephen Baranyi and Sajjadur Syed Rahman, University of Ottawa
- Mar. 31: Parliamentarism in Crisis:The Impact of the Eurozone Crisis on the Greek Parliament, Emmanuel Sigalas, Carleton University
- Mar. 31 - Apr. 15: Anthropology Speaker Series
- Apr. 1: L'auto-divulgation délibérée Savoir et Pouvoir, Hélène Le Scelleur, Université d'Ottawa (event in French only)
- Apr. 7: Making Things International 1, Miguel de Larrinaga