In 2015, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) celebrates its 60th anniversary! Keep an eye out for articles and activities meant to highlight, throughout the year, our commitment to research, teaching and engagement.
The FSS comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Apr. 16 - 18: VI Ottawa-Region Conference on Latin America and the Caribbean
- Apr. 20: Atelier : Les manières d'habiter des enfants dans les quartiers gentrifrés à Paris, Londres, San Francisco, Stéphanie Gaudet and Jean-Yves Authier (event in French only)
- Apr. 20: State Crimes and the Constructions of Impunity: Elucidations from a Colombian Case Study, Camilo Umana
- Apr. 20: Monetizing Music, ANDREW LEYSHON, University of Nottingham
- Apr. 21: An Assessment of IMF Medium-Term Forecasts of GDP Growth, Carlos de Resende, International Monetary Fund