In 2015, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) celebrates its 60th anniversary! Keep an eye out for articles and activities meant to highlight, throughout the year, our commitment to research, teaching and engagement.
The FSS comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- May 4: Conférence: Le français, une langue mondiale, Alexandre Wolff, Observatoire de la langue française, Richard Marcoux, Université Laval (event in French only)
- May 4: Training tomorrow's leaders - Our future social scientists are learning to tackle some of society's most complex challenges
- May 4 - 9: Alumni Week 2015
- May 5: Efficient Inference with Time-Varying Identification Strength and the New Keynesian Phillips Curve" (joint with Otilia Boldea, Bertille Antoine, Simon Fraser University
- May 6: Political Panel - Can environmental sustainability be reconciled with political interests and economic realities?