The Faculty of Social Sciences comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Apr. 23: Oral defence of Master's thesis in Sociology - Kristin Glenn
- Apr. 23: Violences structurelles : à qui la rue ?, Susannah Taylor, doctorante à l'École de service social de l'Université d'Ottawa (event in French only)
- Apr. 24: Oral defence of Master's thesis in Anthropology - Zuzanna Kucharski
- Apr. 25: Simone Weil: Between Antiquity and Modernity, Sophie Bourgault, School of Political Science / University of Ottawa
- Apr. 29: Anthropologie et participation du patient aux soins, Bernadette Tillard, Médecin, Anthropologue et Professeure de sociologie, Université Lille 1 en France. (event in French only)