The Faculty of Social Sciences comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Oct. 22: The United Nations and Canada - Can we do Better?, Louise Fréchette, Ferry de Kerckhove, John Packer, Stephen Baranyi, Pierre Ritchie, Cary Kogan, Jacqueline Best and Gordon Betcherman, University of Ottawa, Ian Smillie, Diamond Development Initiative, Alex Neve, Amnesty International Canada
- Oct. 23 - 25: 1000 Islands Energy Research Forum
- Oct. 23: Climate Change Adaptation and Labour Market Effects: Implications for Women Workers in Newfoundland and Labrador, TARUNA SHALINI RAMESSUR, University of Mauritius and Memorial University
- Oct. 23: Résister par le droit : une approche sociologique (event in French only)
- Oct. 23: Utilisation de la thérapie cognitive et comportementale auprès de personnes aux prises avec un trouble obsessionnel compulsif, Abdelfettah Elkchirid (event in French only)