In 2015, the Faculty of Social Sciences (FSS) celebrates its 60th anniversary! Keep an eye out for articles and activities meant to highlight, throughout the year, our commitment to research, teaching and engagement.
The FSS comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Mar. 24: Equitable Alternatives & Local Solutions to Land Grabs in Africa, Faris Ahmed, Samuel Bonti-Ankomah, Annie Brunton, Roy Culpeper, Joshua Ramisch and Blair Rutherford
- Mar. 27: The Campaign Against ISIS, Michael Singh, Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- Mar. 27: BEPS, Spillovers and Developing Countries, Michael Keen, IMF
- Mar. 29: Class of 2015 Graduation Dinner
- Mar. 30: Ethnicity, Inc., Jean Comaroff, Alfred North Whitehead