The Faculty of Social Sciences comprises nine departments, schools and institutes, which offer undergraduate, masters and doctoral programs in both English and French. With its 10,000 students, 260 full-time professors, and wide array of programs and research centres, the Faculty of Social Sciences plays a key role at the heart of the University of Ottawa. Its graduate students are supervised by excellent researchers and undertake cutting-edge research in the Faculty's masters and Ph.D. programs.
- Oct. 30 - Nov. 1: Ukraine 2014: Maidan, War, Geopolitics
- Oct. 31: Foreign Aid, Militarization and Political Violence in Indonesia, JESSICA TRISKO DARDEN, University of Western Ontario and American University
- Nov. 3: La perception de la menace dans les relations Chine-Japon, BENOIT HARDY-CHARTRAND,, Centre pour l'innovation dans la gouvernance internationale (CIGI) (event in French only)
- Nov. 3: Gender violence and girls' education in Northern Uganda, Alice Achan
- Nov. 3: Des peines " qui marchent "? Le Canada comme modèle pour les réformes pénitentiaires et pénales en France dans les années 2000 (event in French only)